Car Buying & Maintenance
Browse the library's books about cars.
Or use these keywords to start your own search!
Online Collections about Car Buying & Maintenance
Get out your library card for this one; you're going to need it!
Websites about Cars
Browse websites about how to choose & fix a car.
Find more suggested websites.
Know of a great car resource? Share the link below!
Basic Information about Car Buying & Maintenance
Choosing a Car
- Consumer Reports: The April issue includes top picks, reviews of current models and evaluations of used vehicles. Other issues contain in-depth articles on various models, often focusing on such nuts and bolts details as tires and batteries. Online edition.
- Motor Trend: Includes car pricing information, current rebates & incentives, safety data, car photos, specs & more.
- Car and Driver: Provides car reviews and car buying advice.
- Road & Track: Check out buyers guides, sneak peeks, road tests and more.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety: Gives crash data for cars as well as data on seat/head restraints
- FuelEconomy.gov: Provides gas mileage data on U.S. cars, trucks, vans, etc.
- Automobile Quarterly: For antique car enthusaists.
- N.A.D.A. Used Car Guides: Includes pricing information for used cars, including suggested retail value. Also includes pricing for vans, trucks, recreational vehicles, marine vehicles, motorcycles, etc.
- Kelley Blue Book.com: Contains information on calculating financing rates.
- Edmunds.com: Offers comparisons on new and used car deals, incentives, rebates and road test results.
Buy v. Lease
- SmartMoney.com: Covers the pros and cons of leasing a car versus buying it outright.
- LeaseGuide.com: Helps auto consumers understand leasing, take advantage of its benefits, get the best deals, and avoid potential mistakes and problems.
- Auto Repair Reference Center: Provides a great deal of vehicle information to the car owner who wants to repair a car or who just wants to understand how the car works. Vehicle information includes repair procedures, service bulletins and recalls, and wiring diagrams.
- Chilton's Repair Manuals: Covers such concerns as general maintenance, fuel system, engine overhaul, engine or chassis electrical, and suspension and steering. Also available online.
- Clymer's Car Repair Manuals: Another useful repair manual series.